- Flamingo a Visual Language Model for Few-Shot Learning (26 Oct 2023)
This is my reading note for Flamingo: a Visual Language Model for Few-Shot Learning. This paper proposes to formulate vision language model vs text prediction task given existing text and visual. The model utilizes frozen visual encoder and LLM, and only fine tune the visual adapter (perceiver). The ablation study strongly against fine tune/retrain those components.
- MM-VID Advancing Video Understanding with GPT-4V(ision) (25 Oct 2023)
This is my reading note for MM-VID: Advancing Video Understanding with GPT-4V(ision). The paper proposes a system of understanding long video based on GPT 4V. To this end it first converts long video to short clips and pass every frames of clips to GPT 4V to generate text description. This description, together with audio transcription, is then ted to GPT 4U for final video understand. The analyst is based user ratings between normal vision subjects and vision impaired subjects.
- GIT A Generative Image-to-text Transformer for Vision and Language (16 Oct 2023)
This is my reading note for GIT: A Generative Image-to-text Transformer for Vision and Language. This paper proposes a image-text pre-training model. The model contains visual encoder and text decoder; the text decoder is based on self-attention, which takes concatenated text tokens and visual tokens as input.
- An Early Evaluation of GPT-4V(ision) (03 Oct 2023)
This is my reading note for An Early Evaluation of GPT-4V(ision). The highlights of our findings are as follows:
- GPT-4V exhibits impressive performance on English visual-centric benchmarks but fails to recognize simple Chinese texts in the images;
- GPT-4V shows inconsistent refusal behavior when answering questions related to sensitive traits such as gender, race, and age;
- GPT-4V obtains worse results than GPT-4 (API) on language understanding tasks including general language understanding benchmarks and visual commonsense knowledge evaluation benchmarks;
- Few-shot prompting can improve GPT-4V’s performance on both visual understanding and language understanding;
- GPT-4V struggles to find the nuances between two similar images and solve the easy math picture puzzles;
- GPT-4V shows non-trivial performance on the tasks of similar modalities to image, such as video and thermal. O (p. 1)
- Aligning Large Multimodal Models with Factually Augmented RLHF (02 Oct 2023)
This is my reading note for Aligning Large Multimodal Models with Factually Augmented RLHF. This paper discusses how to mitigate hallucination for large multimodal model.it proposes two methods, 1) add additional human labeled data to train a reward model to guide the fine tune of the final model: 2) add additional factual data to the reward model besides model’s response.